Wow, have I been the posting slacker or what? Much has happened since the last update, which I will lay out in pictures later tonight when I have access to them. Among the highlights, a girls weekend with J, visits from Texan cousins and Chicago loved ones, and husband’s return from Romania (ahhhh, it seemed as though it would never come!). This past weekend brought Minnesota fun with BR’s (who is actually no longer BR!) wedding and “Little House” musical goodness with the sisters. Mmmm, it was amazing. Have I mentioned how happy it makes my heart to visit the beloved Twin Cities?
Enough on all that. Let’s talk about the DNC and Michelle Obama. Hellooooo. As if I wasn’t already behind the O-man 100%, his wife made me want to cry during her speech last night. Eloquent, charming and obviously brilliant, she is the kind of woman I would be proud to call my First Lady. Seriously. I must have dreamt about her all night because when I woke up this morning she was still at the top of my mind. Wowza.
And then I got in the car to go to work. You see, my dear husband enjoys listening to talk radio. While he finds it amusing and it makes him chuckle lightly, it pretty much makes me want to punch out the window in anger and ram the car into the person in front of me (note that my uncontrollable anger only adds to said husband’s amusement level). So I turn on the car this morning and whose voice greets me but my most favorite of them all, your friend and mine, Sean Hannity. In a moment of better judgment I would have flipped the switch to f.m., but no, I just kept on listening.
Among many degrading, unfounded, horrible comments, Hannity seriously attacked Michelle’s speech last night. I mean, really, Cindy McCain couldn’t have done that in her wildest dreams. Get real. In addition to his attack on the Obamas, he talked about all of the “liberal lunatics” walking around Denver who are “nothing more than a bitter and stupid batch of bad Americans.”
Well, by this point I was hitting the radio, like it was going to get through to the idiot on the other end. I mean, for real. I won’t even go into the mean things I could say about McCain’s unbelievable ads and the state of this country thanks to my best friend and yours G W. I will say this: Sean Hannity, yes I believe in the importance of health care and education and the need to save our environment, yes I don’t believe that big oil and billionaires and good old boys should run this country, yes I believe that this war mess we’re in is wrong and has been since day one – and I am not a bitter, stupid lunatic because of it. I’m going to keep on cheering for the hope and change we need in this country. In the meantime, you just keep having a good old boy, good old time being lost in your delusions.
Argh.
1 comment:
Just watched Hillary's speech. AMAZING!
And Michelle's speech was amazing last night as well! I agree - Cindy McCain only dreams of being that captivating and speaking that eloquently.
I don't wish ill will on many people, but Sean Hannity deserves to be waterboarded. He is the scum of the earth. I had to watch his dumbass show when I was staying with my friend's parents who are die-hard republicans about three months ago. The vile filth and lies he was spreading about Michelle Obama then were unforgivable. I can only imagine what he felt the need to say this time to enflame the ignorant passions of the bigots.
Ok, I should stop now before I wish him to burn in hell... oh wait.
Post a Comment