Monday, May 14, 2007

Hellos and Good-Byes





It has been awhile. The last two weeks have been more on the busy side than not. Whew. True to any period of transition, the first two weeks of May have been filled with a series of departures and new beginnings. Perhaps they are best summarized as the things I said hello to and those to which I waved a fond farewell...

HELLOS

My adorable nieces, Sylvia and Evelyn, who are growing like weeds. We spent the first weekend of the month cooing over them in Iowa City.

Life as a post-grad, except for that I'm really not "post" until I finish my thesis at some point in the coming months...

The fam, who made the trek to Madison to visit our home for the first time and to celebrate graduation weekend with us.

Living in Madison - all of the time! And summer said hello just in time too.

GOOD-BYES

Commuting to Chicago every week! HOORAY!

Class. Whew.

My beloved teaching job. I won't speak of that, as it evokes too much trauma.

My classmates. Again, the trauma.

My Chicago family. Shoot. This is getting really depressing.

Many emotions over the course of the past days and weeks. I can't get that cheesy old quote about one door closing and another opening out of my head, especially as I sink into this reality of wondering who will hire a fresh-faced dance therapist? What door will open now?

Frankly, I've had enough of hellos and goodbyes and doors opening and closing. Right now I'll be content to sit in the middle of the same old room until I have every piece of it memorized.

Ah, riding on the wings of change.

1 comment:

Scott said...

So, we're old, huh?

Good to see you out here - now I can keep tabs. Glad you're enjoying Madison - sounds like a fun city!

Pray for us - tomorrow we leave for a two week vacation with our little girl. DC and Boston. Sightseeing? Maybe. You have no idea what nervous is until you plan a long vacation (not to mention expensive!) and you have no idea which personality your child will prefer: angel child, or demon spawn. :-)