Hello. Welcome to another snow day in Madison. Church has been cancelled for the entire day, dance rehearsal was also cancelled. Our parking lot looks like an ice rink. And the weather stations are once again advising people not to step outside unless they absolutely have to.
This is my Wisconsin winter hell. It was almost a little cool when we beat the record for the most snowfall on record. Almost. Now it is beyond old - I want green and sunshine and at the very least a day where I am not freaked out to get in my car and hit the road. But, in honor of the snow day and an opportunity to catch-up, here is my Snow Day Stream of Consciousness Update Edition. Ahem.
1. Tiger is now officially gone. At first we thought we were going to have to send him to scrapper heaven, but then we found out about this place called Rawhide Boy's Ranch. We donated the car to the boys there who will learn how to fix it up (good luck) and in return we got a sweet tax deduction and some yummy cookies made by the boys of Rawhide. They even came to pick up the car for us. It was a stellar deal, and I'm glad Tiger didn't get crushed.
2. Since then, we have been in car mode. Trying to find a car and in the meantime trying to get where we need to be with one car. The stress is over for the moment thanks to some lovely friends at church who loaned us the car their kids use during the summer, whew. So now we can focus on the hunt. We are aiming for a used Prius. The math is unbelievable with these babies - the numbers with how much you save on gas coupled by the opportunity to decrease our carbon footprint is making us believe that the time for the car of our dreams is now...if, that is, we can find one with enough miles but still in good enough shape to make our dream financially possible. For Paul's sake, I hope we can find something soon...I tend to be a little impatient around these things and haven't really been pleasant to deal with lately regarding the car situation. (Take it from my sis, who witnessed a real life toddler tantrum around the whole issue when she came to visit last weekend...sorry B.)
3. YES WE CAN! I am crazy about Barack Obama! I've been on the Barack wagon from the beginning (proud to have lived in Illinois with him as my senator, thank you) but I'm more fired up than ever now. The Wisconsin primaries are next Tuesday, and last week Paul and I went to a rally at the Kohl Center for my man B. It was A MAZ ING (and I mean the rally and Obama's speech, not waiting outside in the Wisconsin weather). Over 20,000 people attended, and the energy in that room was contagious. Obama is inspiring, intelligent and right on (and on a side note, his Bush commentary couldn't have been more perfect). And as much as I hope and pray that he takes the nomination and eventually the presidency, I will be happy regardless that there is finally someone on the ballot that I truly believe in, and that I won't just vote for because I feel like they are the lesser of two evils. Obama has truly displayed the ability to wake-up and inspire a generation that has been silent and apathetic for far too long as far as politics are concerned. That, my friends, is freaking rad. Jump on and feel the hope.
4. Annual church dance was Friday night. This could possibly be my favorite event of the year - the rough guess is that over 700 people attended this year. It is pretty amazing that our church holds a "normal" dance event and that many people attend just to get their groove on. It makes my dance therapy heart happy.
5. People are having babies. Everywhere. There are lots and lots of babies and soft pink and blue in my life right now. No, this is not a hint. Paul and I will not be procreating for some time. So don't think I'm insinuating anything. Please. I'm just saying. Wow, lots of kids.
6. My physioball totally rocks my world right now. Yahoo.
7. I miss my siblings. I can't wait for our trip later this spring. Love you guys.
The stream is petering off. I think it is about time to go grab my ice skates and take a spin in the parking lot. Happy snow day to one and all.
1 comment:
That wasn't really a tantrum, Mari. You were just expressing your feelings through movement. ;-)
b
Post a Comment